Tuesday 2 November 2010

01/11/2010

Yesterday I had a GCSE Science lesson. The lesson was from 11 to 12, so I thought I had time to review what I had to teach and make some adjustments to the lesson plan. When I arrived at the college I was told that I had to teach from 9 to 11 too so I didn't have time to prepare the next lesson.

I wasn't happy with the lesson. First of all, the subject teacher was there again. We were going to do a question paper to practice for the exam. I had the impression that the students had already done it because we were going through questions that they knew the answers, so I felt a bit silly. The question paper had a few mistakes too so in one question I said the answer wrong and the students corrected me. A couple of times the teacher intervened and I didn't feel in a good position. I don't know the names yet and that makes the situation a bit awkward.

For the next lesson I am going to try to do the following:

- I am going to speak to the teacher and tell him that I prefer to be alone in the classroom, otherwise I lose authority.
- I am going to learn the names by looking at their pictures.
- I need to study the subject better, because there were a couple of questions that I wasn't able to answer. If I am given a question paper or any other document with an exercise solution, I have to double check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment